FRESH CHEESE WITH BALSAMIC AND FRESH VEGETABLES
- 3 yoghurt trays
- 3 tablespoons fresh chopped spices (thyme, oregon, chives)
- 1 cup virgin olive oil ALTIS / SOLON / ELANTHI
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar KALAMATA PAPADIMITRIOU
- 4 chopped sundried tomatoes
For the salad:
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 4 tablespoons purified pomegranate
- 200 gr. mixed green salad
- 2 tablespoons balsamic crème with strawberry KALAMATA PAPADIMITRIOU
- freshly mixed peppers
- fresh bread for serving
- (Necessary kitchen tools: 1 piece of cheesecloth, 1 chinois or colander, 1 glass jar with cap 500 gr.)
Put the cheesecloth into the fine colander. Place it in a pan. Pour the yogurts into the cheesecloth. Cover them with the cloth that is left over. Add some weight on it and leave it in the fridge for 2 -3 days.
Grab the edges of the cloth and squeeze them well until it absorbs the liquids.
Shape cheese balls and put them in the jar. In a bowl, add the olive oil, the white balsamic, the sun-dried tomatoes, the herbs, the salt and the pepper. Whisk them and pour over the cheeses.
Cover the jar and leave it in the refrigerator for at least one night to be flavored. The more it stays in the jar with the ingredients the more delicious it becomes. We can keep them for 3 weeks, provided they are well coated with oil.
Prepare the salad in a bowl, sprinkle with the walnuts and the pomegranates. Drizzle with some olive oil and stir. Add cheese balls and sprinkle with balsamic cream with strawberry KALAMATA PAPADIMITRIOU.